Located 1.5 km from the Canal du Midi and the Villepinte lock the VIIth century church built on an ancient Roman temple dedicated to Dianne by the abbey of Soreze 's monks is worth a visit.
Destroyed in 730 by the Sarrazins, restored in the IXth century it was again wrecked by the catholics troup of the Earl de Joyeuse in 1591. Only two centurys later, could we hear again the ringing of its bells.
During all this time, the religious services use to be held in the Barbacane Tower where 17 bells rang the carillon. Its remarkable chair comes from the Carsassonne 's Des Carmes church.
Visits around town :
The Lasbordes village
Where to eat :
- "Deux Acacias" on the RN 113.
- "Réverbère" in Pezens on the RN 113.
Les écluses à proximité
Écluse de Gay (9.2 km)
Écluse du Vivier (7.7 km)
Écluse de Guillermin (7.3 km)
Écluse de Saint-Sernin (6.8 km)
Écluse de Guerre (5.8 km)
Écluse de la Peyruque (4.8 km)
Écluse de la Criminelle (4.3 km)
Écluse de Tréboul (3 km)
Écluse de Villepinte (1.1 km)
Écluse de Sauzens (2.6 km)