It was named after a Roman camp located on the Saissac-Carcassonne road and the name "Alzonna" means planted with aulns trees.
Located 3 km away from the Canal between the villages of Fresquel and Vernassonne it suffured the Albigensian Crusade , followed by the the Prince Noir's wars.
To testify to all these years of persecution a beautiful bell-tower gate is still standing and one can read on the oldest house of the village the following devise :
Here the police has a temple, and the justice its supportes and consuls" (1777).
Halte la plus proche : Bram (4.1 km)
Les écluses à proximité
Écluse de Villepinte (7.1 km)
Écluse de Sauzens (5.6 km)
Écluse de Bram (4.7 km)
Écluse de Béteille (2.2 km)
Écluse de Villesèque (6 km)
Écluse de Lalande (8.9 km)
Écluse d'Herminis (9.2 km)